Well, it’s Week Nine, and it’s time for your Festival News broadcast! Be sure to read to the end!
- First things first… A special thank you to our Silent Sky company and ALL members of Festival Playhouse who supported the production. We are better together and it takes our entire team to help make our production work a success. Thank you for yours. A shout out to Milan Levy and Aly Homminga (our Irene Ryan nominees) and Ethan Tuck (Certificate of Merit in Stage Management) for their work, and to the entire company… kudos!
- Next things next… Auditions for Water by the Spoonful directed by Bianca Washington are Week 1, Tuesday and Wednesday, and callbacks Thursday at 7:00pm in the Nelda K Balch Playhouse. Spread the word and we hope to see you there!
- Production Applications for Water by the Spoonful are needed NOW! Our first production meeting is this upcoming Thursday (10th week). If you have ANY interest in working on this production, please turn in a production application immediately! Please and thank you….
- Devised Theatre Project… it’s been a delight to have Jens Rasmussen with us this week to explore themes, stories, and ideas for our Devised Theatre Project. A reminder that Emilio Rodriguez will be with us in spring to develop the play (along with dramaturg “C” Heaps), and then return in fall to direct the play as a fully produced piece.
- Juniors… thinking about a SIP? We’ve heard from most of you, and, don’t forget to solidify your SIP plans sooner rather than later.
- Help is needed… to staff tables for our Theatre Kalamazoo network, Saturday June 6th (Week 10, Saturday) for our ArtFair and Pride Festivals. Please contact Laura with availability.
- Pádraig Ó Tuama… Sun., April 26: Irish poet and theologian will speak on themes of language, power, conflict, and religion. More details to come.
- Emeritus theatre professor Ed Menta is putting on a concert… Festival Playhouse of Kalamazoo College and the Office of Student Involvement present a free concert of the Kalamazoo blues band, BlueBack (featuring Emeritus Professor of Theatre Arts Ed Menta on guitar) on Week One Monday March 30 at 7:30pm in the Nelda K. Balch Playhouse. Doors open at 7:10pm. Lighting and Sound by Jon Reeves. Special musical guests include K College students, alums, and faculty/staff.
And I saved the best for last…. It is the FIRST FRIDAY OF THE MONTH!! Do you know where your Technical Director is?
Did you know that Kalamazoo celebrates the first Friday of each month with Art Hop?? GET OUT. GET AWAY. GO AWAY. GO SEE. And, go experience some art. See Jon Reeves in his studio at Park Trades (studio 123), and up to 30+ other local artists in venues all over the downtown area. But if you aren’t sure, just head down to the Park Trades building and wander around
And, thank you for being and important part of our work….