What a glorious day–and weekend ahead! Get out and enjoy the spring air and bouquets of flowers in gardens! Take a walk to WMU’s campus…the Waldo Pond (just a ¼ mile or so from our athletic center) is a great destination point, complete with benches near the water for reflection, and turtles in the pond to entertain. Swans usually nest near the west end of the pond too. ; )
Now on to the news of the week!
- Tickets are now on sale for Water by the Spoonful! Seats for both in-person as well as virtual performances will be available next week. Reserve your spot here.
- In case you missed it, our season has been announced! The 58th Season Theme is Black is Beautiful: An Ode to Black Life, Love, and Strength. The mainstage plays will be Well-Intentioned White People by Rachel Lynett (FA’21); Blacks and Phats by Kevin Renn (WI’22); and Marcus, or the Secret of Sweet by Tarell Alvin McCraney (SP’22). Thanks to PSAC for your involvement in this process.
- Check out the latest feature from Channel 13 about Steven Yeun (and including some familiar current students’ faces too!).
- Send your summer updates—plans, jobs, internships—to me to share in next week’s newsletter.
- Chris Ludwa has generously offered to host a one-hour virtual Q & A with a friend of his (the lead in Jagged Little Pill on Broadway) at no charge to the theatre department on May 14, 4pm. Contact Chris to get the link! (Theatre alumni have also been invited! Thanks, Chris!!)
- Some of our special spaces in the department are being renovated and updated! The Seminar Library hosts new tables and new (purple!) chairs and the Green Room will be a comfortable, cozy to wait before or during shows. Thanks to Teyia and Ellie for doing the selection and the Scene Shop Crew for assembling!
That’s it for now—thanks for reading, and have a great weekend! Don’t forget to invite friends and faculty to watch Water by the Spoonful! Invite now—watch later!