Welcome back to campus, and thank you for being part of the Festival Playhouse family! Here’s the news this week:
- Auditions and callbacks continue for Blacks + Phats tonight, 6:30, Playhouse! Enter through the Playhouse Lobby (near Dow). No experience is necessary. Just show up for 20-30 minutes, meet our Guest Artist Director Janai Lashon, and have fun! More information on Blacks + Phats here.
- For those of you interested in playwriting (see Quincy!…AND…) check this out: Auditions for National Playwriting Program 10-Minute Plays.
- Reminder: please be sure doors close completely behind you each and every time. Some offices and other spaces and even exterior doors have been found ajar or fully open recently. Thank you in advance for taking care of our shared spaces.
- Make your reservations for The Conviction of Lady Lorraine! The show runs only two nights during Week 2: Fri. & Sat., Jan. 14 -15, 7:30pm, in the Playhouse.
- The Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival (KCACTF) is drawing to a close this weekend. Thanks to those who represented our program: Angela Mammel ’22, Meaghan Kelly ’23, Arman Khan ’24, and Claire DeVries ’25. Claire made it to semi-finals in the Irene Ryan competition! Kudos to you, Claire! Thanks to Aiden Morgan ’25 for jumping in as Claire’s scene partner for that round.
- Booster shots are available on campus! Take advantage of this important and extremely convenient opportunity. More info. here.
- Just in case you haven’t seen it, here is the recent New Yorker article on Steven Yeun (courtesy of Andy Mozina and Ed Menta).
- ArtHop will resume next month, so save the date: Fri., Feb. 4, 5:30-8:30.
That’s it for now! Enjoy the snow, maybe go sledding on the Quad, build a snowman…embrace the natural world as it is!